Replace secondary operations while obtaining superior surface finish.
The outside diameter burnishing tool is used on turning machines to create extremely fine finishes in most ferrous and non-ferrous materials. The versatility of these tools allows the burnishing of external diameters, tapers, radii, and face as well as large internal bores.
Low microinch finish
- Produces a 4 to 8 Ra surface finish in one pass.
- Improves surface irregularities and tool marks.
- Burnishing is a repeatable and consistent process.
- Fast cycle times - measured in seconds, not minutes!
- Burnishing is effective for many different part configurations.
- Suitable process for a variety of metals – all ductile metals can be burnished!
- Eliminates secondary machines and set ups.
- Eliminates secondary processes such as grinding, honing and polishing.
- Long lasting and replaceable wear parts reducing total cost over the life of the tool.
- Burnishing increases the surface hardness through the cold working process and compressive forces.
- Increases metal’s resistance to fatigue and failure at stress points.
- Produces a dense and uniform surface.
- The burnishing process has been refined and improvedfor over 100 years and has a proven record of success.
- Monaghan Tooling Group and Elliott Tool Technologies continue this long tradition by providing the industry’s highest quality burnishing tools.
- MTG and Elliott burnishing tools require limited training to operate.
- Easy to maintain and repair.
- Common repair parts are always stocked!